Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-17-2022 07:55 AM - last edited on 10-17-2022 11:08 AM by Ric_ob
I'm enrolled with HP Instant Ink, I recently needed to replace the black ink. Afterwards I used the printer a couple of times with no issues but I noticed a day or so later theres a red light flashing next to the ink symbol on the printer display and no jobs will print. When I use go onto the HP app it states 'cartridge problem', I've followed the limited troubleshooting but it's not helped. The troubleshooting states that no more ink will be sent out until the issue is resolved but I'm unable to resolve it?
10-18-2022 03:42 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an Ink Cartridge issue with your HP Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- Was there any recent update on the printer prior to the issue?
- Do you see any Error message on the screen which shows E1, E2, E3, or E4?
While you respond to that, Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP Inkjet printers - Ink cartridge errors
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee