Level 1
13 9 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cartridges came with printer count for Instant Ink

HP Envy 5030
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi i bought a new HP Envy 5030 Inkjet printer. So i enrolled in the Instant Ink program. I thought it would start with the first Instant Ink Cartridges i got delivered from HP. But it started to count my printed pages from the beginning with the cartridges included in the printer package. Back then the cartridges that came with the printer were a gift for buying the new printer and now they`re  part of Instant Ink? I thought i could print them empty before Instant Ink is starting with the new cartridges

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,608 7,595 564 601
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LegoChris, Welcome to HP Support Community!

You have an Instant Ink ready printer which means your account is active when you enroll the printer in Instant Ink. The setup cartridges you receive with the printer become Instant Ink cartridges once the enrollment is complete. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
13 9 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yes but where is the ink i got as present for buying the printer? am i not appreciated as customer anymore that i have to pay for the ink that came with the printer?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,608 7,595 564 601
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LegoChris

Thanks for replying!

Your concern will be addressed , not to worry 🙂

We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
13 9 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i would send you an pm but i have reached the limit of privat messages i can send. So i guess i don't have the permission to wright pms? Thanks

i tried to send you a privat message directly instead of answering your pm and that worked.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation