Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-16-2022 07:36 AM - last edited on 09-16-2022 07:52 AM by MarcusC
I have a problem with my Chromebook, and I am assuming the problem extends to the problem I am having with my HP Envy printer and Instant Ink account (for which I am being billed, but HP says it doesn't know me and I'm not getting new cartridges):
- Something seems to be wrong with my PC hardware or drivers (?) because only the reload function key seems to work.
- Although I am supposed to be receiving automatic system updates, I checked to verify Chrome had been updated. It had not. But updating did nothing to resolve any of these issues.
- I've been doing step-by-step RESETs. However, I've held off (as recommended) taking my unit back to factory condition. Is this now called for?
- I became aware of the problem(s) because of Yahoo's takeover of my browser. I fixed this by removing extensions until it was gone.
- And two weeks ago, after inserting a new color ink cartridge, I can now only intermittently print images in full color (magenta seems to be missing from the cartridge). Since HP no longer seems to recognize my printer other than to bill me, I have found no way to communicate and get answers from them on how to exchange a bad cartridge. Is my best bet to purchase my own new ink cartridges and cancel my Instant Ink subscription?
- Moreover, images printed in black and white from Google apps now print with a green tinge. (Weird!!! Timing is also interesting in that it seems to coincide with having changed out and aligned the color ink cartridge) This seems to be related to the problem with Chrome OS because images print correctly in black and white from my phone.
I will be very grateful for any assistance. Thanks!
09-17-2022 01:12 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing a print quality issue with your HP Envy printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- Does the copy print out the same way?
- What's the application you are trying to print from?
- Have you tried printing from a different application or device?
- What are the ink levels on your printer? ( Instant Ink will only send you inks when it getting low)
While you respond to that, let's print a Print Quality Diagnostic page -Post the Print Quality Diagnostic page here so we can help you further.
You may also refer to this document with steps to fix the " Print Quality Issues" issue applicable to your printer - Print Quality Issues
Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
If the issue still persists, I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action.
Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee