Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want know what give HP the right to disable color printing at end of life of printer when i am enrolled in the HP Instant ink program and paid in full. if i remove all software install and do not connect HP i can print in color the very min i connect the print to HP for instant inc Color printing is disabled.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi @Gaguru

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand you are not able to print in color. I'd be happy to assist you.

• HP does not have an option to disable anything on the printer.
  • Could you kindly explain the issue to assist you better?

Try making a standalone copy in color and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Print a print quality report and check for color

1. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.

2. Touch Tools.

3. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Print Quality Report.

If the printer is able to print the test page and copy in color, it means the issue is with the driver on your Win PC.

Proceed to the next step:

1. On the PC, go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Add a printer(at the top) 
  2. Under 'Choose a device or printer', click on 'The printer I want isn't listed'.
  3. Select 'Add a printer using a TCP/IP address'
  4. Find the IP address of the printer by tapping on the wireless icon on the printer screen
  5. Type in the 'IP address in Hostname or IP address' box, click next
  6. Proceed to the next steps by following the on-screen instructions.
  7. Try printing in color.

If the issue persists, Install the printer using Windows built-in driver

Refer to this document to know how. Try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Color print work fine until I have connect the software to HP Your Ink program. As soon I connect I get a notice that my print is a end off life and recommendations on a replacement printer. It is after clearing out this messages and confirming that the printer is talking correctly with the program that I lose the ability to print in color I cannot get color to print again till I completely remove your software reinstall. Then I can print in color until I have to reconnect it back to my HP account to get more ink at this point it all starts over againAnd I could only print in black-and-white until I remove the software and reinstall it then I can print color until I have to connect back to HP for Inc and then I’m limited to Printing only black-and-white

HP Recommended

@Gaguru

• Is the printer enrolled in Instant Ink?
  • Are you using Instant Ink cartridges?

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Let me know. 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes the printer is in rolled in the instant ink program and does have instant ink cartridges in stalled. The printer has never been off the instant Ink program program since the day it was purchased it is always been in good standing with HP as always had instant Ink cartridges installed in the Printing since the date of purchase. Again this did not start until I got the notice from the Instant ink program that my printer was that end of life, that is when it started printing exclusively in black-and-white. I have completely removed all the software and disconnected the printer from the instant program and reinstalled the software for the printer in windows 10 pro 64-bit. When I do this I can print in color and have no issues whatsoever printing in color. It is when I login to HP for the instantly programSo it can communicate with my printer is when I lose the ability to print in color, I’ve done this 10 or 12 times so I can print stuff in color it’s just becoming a royal pain in the backside to have to uninstall reboot my computer reinstall your software and then your software starts complaining that it’s not logged in for the Insta name and wants me to login when I do that I’m back to black and white. So it can communicate with my printer is when I lose the ability to print in color, I’ve done this 10 or 12 times so I can print stuff in color it’s just becoming a royal pain in the backside to have to uninstall reboot my computer reinstall your software and then your software starts complaining that it’s not logged in for the Insta name and wants me to login when I do that I’m back to black and white

HP Recommended

@Gaguru

I have checked the Instant Ink account and everything seems to be fine there. I would suggest you contact the HP Instant Ink team for further assistance.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i do not think so the end of life notice that start this came from HP and always show before i am unable to print in color.

HP Recommended

@Gaguru

HP OfficeJet 4650 All-In-One Printer Series is not an end of life printer. To assist you further with this, please contact the HP Instant Ink team or the HP Support in your region.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Then why does HP assistant show it at end of life? This is Nonnie kiss you it has nothing to do with instantly the only reason instant Inc. is included because I have to connect to HP for the program it’s HP assistant it says it’s at the end of life

HP Recommended

@Gaguru

As mentioned in my previous posts, this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction with our HP Support team who will have to look into the message you are getting about the printer.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.