Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

HP8025- I have Instant Ink subscription.

My printer stopped printing colour pages. Went through the various maintenance procedures without success. The level indicator was showing that I still had plenty of ink. 

In desperation I installed my new spare colour cartridges and it worked perfectly straight away. So it appears the ink was in fact empty. The printer is about 3 months old so this the first change.

How will this affect getting new cartridges under my plan because I guess HP do not know I've changed them?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@eezyrider

It could be a glitch on the printer, let us try these steps:

Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

Check the estimated ink levels

Check estimated ink levels to see if any ink cartridges are critically low or empty. On the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Ink Level Indicator icon .

NOTE: 

Ink level warnings and indicators provide estimates for planning purposes only. When an indicator shows low ink levels, consider having a replacement ink cartridge available to avoid possible printing delays. You do not need to replace ink cartridges until print quality becomes unacceptable.

Not to worry, HP Instant Ink servers will monitor the ink levels and dispatch the replacements when required.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@eezyrider, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

You were using the setup ink cartridges that came with the printer. These are used to initialize the printer. 

Have you received your first set of Instant Ink cartridges from HP?

Insert and use the Instant Ink cartridge. Once these are low, the HP Instant Ink server will ship a replacement ink cartridge. Make sure the printer is connected to the internet.

All the information can be found on your Instant Ink account page. You may log in to your HP Instant Ink account page from here.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Kumar0307

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes I was using the original cartridges and I  fitted the 1st set supplied by Instant Ink to resolve my problem.

My concerns were:-

1. The ink level indicator did not warn me that the ink had run out as it was still showing plenty of ink.

2. In view of that will Instant Ink recognise when I need new cartridges or do I have a problem?

eezy

HP Recommended

I cannot get the printer setup because i cannot figure out where the ink cartridges go it says in the instustions to remove  a plastic cover insde the printer and install ijnk cartridge which i cant find

HP Recommended

Oh and by the way theres a metal box that moves from side to side is that where you hook up the ink cartirdge at

HP Recommended

@eezyrider

It could be a glitch on the printer, let us try these steps:

Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

Check the estimated ink levels

Check estimated ink levels to see if any ink cartridges are critically low or empty. On the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Ink Level Indicator icon .

NOTE: 

Ink level warnings and indicators provide estimates for planning purposes only. When an indicator shows low ink levels, consider having a replacement ink cartridge available to avoid possible printing delays. You do not need to replace ink cartridges until print quality becomes unacceptable.

Not to worry, HP Instant Ink servers will monitor the ink levels and dispatch the replacements when required.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.