Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
ENVY photo 6200 series

Hi,

I am getting a message on my printer "connect printer to update HP instant ink status. I have tried turned router and printer off and back on again, spoke with useless virtual agent who advised me to turn off web services and reset network settings.

My printer is online and I am enrolled for instant ink, has anyone else had this problem and managed to resolve it? 

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Yep exactly the same error and exactly the same useless advice from the "Virtual Agent" I had my doubts about using "Instant Ink" but as the printer is rarely used I thought it worth the risk - it probably is until "Instant Ink" has a hissy fit, spits it's dummy out and goes off for a sulk because you haven't been able to let the printer speak to it for a while.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.