Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had a long chat discussion with HP about a billing issue with HP Instant Ink. When we swapped out a printed at the office, HP kept billing and drafting the business bank account for 17 months - even though we were told the Instant Ink program would switch over to the new printer, which is barely used. And so the off manager didn't really noticed the extra $5 a month billing until the recent audit.  I discussed a refund with HP chat for the old HP printer than never used any instant ink, wasn't actively printing anything after it was given to a charity 17 months ago- and they offered a 1 month refund. 

I am tempted to cancel the instant ink on the replacement printer, but thought I'd let the 'supervisor' weigh in. This was last Wednesday. I have a case number, but no further email or call from HP about this billing error.  How long does it take HP to admit and correct this error? And when will I hear from them? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @garydrow

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello-  so I am not so sure about this 'escalation process' I was told about, as HP has never replied or responded via email, text or a call. It's been 14 days  (Nov 27th) since I contacted them and opened the case about the refund; and now 7 days since I posted here and you/for HP kindly replied.  I'm feeling like this is small potatoes to HP as it's one mistake they made, but small enough from a dollar perspective to ignore or delay.  It's pretty obvious what happened and then what didn't happen, easy to follow the trail ( as in Instant Ink shows no ink was ever shipped and no paper use ever charged) and so easy to fix. It's this sort of inaction and delay that upsets customers with any big company (Target, BestBuy, Amazon etc). 

So I see nothing was really escalated. Any suggestions on what to do next to get this resolved would be appreciated!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.