Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-16-2022 12:20 PM
My HP Envy Photo 7164 printer prints great when printing from my Mac desktop. If I try to make a copy of something I've printed from the computer it's much lighter. Is there a way to adjust the color of copies? Thanks for any advice.
09-19-2022 02:22 PM - edited 09-19-2022 02:25 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing a copy quality issue with your HP ENVY Photo 7164 All-In-One Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the below steps:
Change copy settings to improve print quality
- Adjust color, contrast, and enhancement settings from the printer control panel to improve copy quality.
- NOTE:Many printers without a control panel menu display use default copy settings that cannot be changed. To improve print speed or print quality, or change the size of your copies, scan the original, edit settings with HP scanning software, and then print multiple copies of the scanned document or photo.
- On the printer control panel, touch Copy, Copy Document, or Copy Photo.
- Touch Settings or the Gear icon to open the copy job options.
- Scroll to access and change the following copy settings.
- Paper Type: Select the type of plain or photo paper for your copies.
- Quality: Select an available copy quality level.
- Lighter/Darker or Contrast: If the original is faded or too saturated, make the copy lighter or darker.
- Optimize or Enhancements: Select the type of item you are copying to apply automated quality improvements, such as sharpening text and image edges or improving faded photo colors.
- HP Copy Fix: Let the printer automatically improve copy quality and adjust skewing.
- Select Save Current Settings or Set as New Defaults to retain the settings for future copy jobs.
If the issue still persists, You may refer to this document: Make copies with an HP printer
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee