Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi any help would be appreciated! 

When I try and print it says 'Cannot print. Connect printer to update HP Instant Ink status', then when I try and select the 'connect'  it has said 'the printer could not connect to Web Services. The server might be busy'. It has been doing this for a few days.

We have tried resetting internet/reinstalling options as in the troubleshooting guide, as well as accessing the IP through the browser and changing it to a manual IP and Google DNS, as well as other suggested options in other guides. I am not on a proxy and when I go to the IP browser control panel it says the firm ware is up-to-date.

I am not sure what else to try, and have urgent documents to print - is a factory reset likely to help? Every other aspect seems to be working so is there a way to circumvent this step? Or should I try and remove myself from Intstant Ink and try a manual option?

thanks, J-Pow

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @J-POW

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

To resolve the issues with connecting the printer to web services, kindly perform the steps from this document.

To resolve 'Connect Printer to Update Status' error, refer to this document.

If the issue persists, I have sent you a private message with the next course of action. Kindly check your inbox.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.