cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Hollsiffer
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Cyan refusing to print after following all other steps to repair

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 all in one printer that I purchased in the Fall of 2017. I have put in brand new instant ink cartridges, I have cleaned the printhead over and over, aligned the printhead, manually cleaned the connections of the cartridge to printer location, nothing has made the cyan print. Just today the magenta decided to stop printing as well. As I mentioned before, these are brand new cartridges. 

Is the printer broken? Do I need to get repairs? I love this printer and will be sad that after only 3 years it is unable to work.

Thank you in advance! I just need to figure out the next steps because I need my printer desperately.

1 REPLY 1
Kumar0307
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,419 20,421 1,491 1,739
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Hollsiffer

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

I understand the printer is not printing in cyan and magenta. I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve this issue by performing the necessary troubleshooting steps.

Have you used 2 sets of these ink cartridges and have same issue?

If you have tried the steps mentioned in this document and the issue persists, I'd suggest you contact the HP Support team in your region regarding the service options for your printer as this could be a hardware issue with the printhead.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation