Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
DESKJET 2632
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I've just bought a brand new DeskJet 2632 today, and am trying to set it up for Instant Ink.

I already have an Instant Ink account for another printer.

I'm getting the message "Printer already claimed on another account".

A lot of the help instructions don't seem to apply to this printer so I need a specific solution for the DeskJet 2632 please.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@franch1, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Deskjet 2600 printers do not have an ePrint button. Find out if your printer is connected to a wireless network by pressing the Information button  to print a page titled “Printer Information Page". This page shows the status of the wireless network connection. Follow the instructions that correspond to your printer's network status:

• The printer is already connected to a wireless network:

1. Press the Information button  and the Cancel button  at the same time to print instructions.

2. If the printed page does not contain an ePrint address and printer claim code, follow the instructions on the printed page to enable Web Services. After you enable Web Services, a page titled "Congratulations" prints with the ePrint address and printer claim code.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, I tried that and the printer wasn't connected to Wifi  - even though it had been before. 

I followed the instructions to reconnect it, but in the HP Utility, when I click on "+", it can't find the printer even though the blue light is flashing.

HP Recommended

@franch1

The blue light flashing says that the printer is not connected to the network. 

Use the guided troubleshooter Troubleshooting | Wireless Printing Center for instruction to isolate and resolve the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, we have had no luck connecting our printer to WiFi. I thought it had connected before, but apparently not.

The WIRELESS NETWORK TEST RESULTS printout says the wireless radio is turned off. But when we press the Internet button, it blinks but does not connect.

Under "Connectivity", the printout says "NOT RUN". 

We have tried all the Troubleshooting steps, to no avail.

HP Recommended

PS: on the WiFi Networks list on my phone, the Deskjet 2632 appears but I don't have a password for it.

The "HP_Setup-..." network does not appear.

HP Recommended

@franch1

Thanks for replying!

• Is your router dual-band enabled i.e., both 2.4GHz and 5GHz?
  • What is the distance between the router and the printer?

Keep me posted.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I've now managed to connect the printer to WiFi and it's up and running.

However, when I print out the welcome page, I don't get a code but do get an email address, and when I enter the characters in front of "@hpeprint.com", I still get the message "Printer already claimed on another account."

HP Recommended

@franch1

Thanks for replying!

Refer to the document HP Printers - Having Trouble Claiming Your Printer? for help.

Keep me posted.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried that and got only an ePrint address (no claim code). I entered the printer's IP address into my browser, but Safari says "the server where this page is located isn't responding".

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.