Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-02-2022 07:53 PM
I recently received a shipment for my color cartridge because it sensed I was getting low on ink.
When I received my shipment box it was damaged and had a label which said "resealed" which I am unsure of why it said that. The box was very damaged which I took pictures of if you would like evidence. When I took my color ink cartridge was not working in my printer, which gave me a error message that I did not have a cartridge in there, which I did. I took it out and noticed that it has been damaged in several different places on the item which is why it is not being recognized in the printer. I was curious as to what I need to do to report this and get a replacement sent. I look forward to hearing from you.
10-05-2022 04:33 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an Ink Cartridge issue with your HP Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- Are you using genuine HP ink cartridges?
- Was there any recent update on the printer prior to the issue?
- Do you see any Error message on the screen which shows E1, E2, E3, or E4?
While you respond to that, Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove the USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, and press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till the warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP Inkjet printers - Ink cartridge errors
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
10-10-2022 02:03 PM
I did not have an issue prior to replacing the ink cartridge. I took the new damaged replacement cartridge back out and put my old one in and it worked completely fine. Below are pictures of the box within which my ink cartridge was delivered in, and a picture of the ink cartridge that I received damaged.