Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-12-2022 11:59 AM
I ordered a black ink cartridge off amazon back in May. I just replaced my ink, and the printer says it is empty. I am confident the cartridge is defective. How do I go about getting a replacement? I have run through every troubleshooting step available on HP's website, YouTube, and the far-out reaches of the internet via hours of browsing making sure I covered all my bases.
10-15-2022 04:48 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
I understand that you are facing issues with black ink. I'd like to help!
Superb description and stupendous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that.
For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:
- Did you uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers at the root level and check again?
For now, try these steps to uninstall and reinstall the printer software.
- Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by right-clicking on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)
- Check-in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right-click on the Windows button to access the device manager)
- Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top.
- Click on print server properties.
- You will get a popup, click on the driver's tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there if any.
- Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.
- Restart the PC.
- Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, and it would bring a Run dialog box,
- Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.
- It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).
- If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.
- Ignore the Regedit option if it cannot be done.
- Restart the PC again.
Then download the latest full feature driver from here and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.
- Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.
- This should fix the issue.
- If this does not do the trick, please download the Windows Built-in drivers by following the instructions from this link: http://hp.care/2o3acvH
- This will resolve the issue for you.
Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.
please mark this as an “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
I am an HP Employee