Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP envy 5540
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an instant ink and my most recent black cartridge is not recognised by the printer.

i get an error message 

remove and reimstall the indicated ink cartridge making sure it is correctly installed and then touch ok.

i have done this cleaned contact as suggested and then installed old cartridge that works.

i want to order a replacement cartridge and cant see how to do this through my instant ink account.

thanks for any solutions

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@DonkeyVet I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. Would appreciate any advice. If I purchase a cartridge locally to sort the problem swiftly (in current covid19 circumstances) does this interfere with my instant-ink contract? Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

@JohnBlackler Which printer do you have? Please mention the complete model name as per the below message:

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

And do tell, if you've attempted to clean the cartridges among other steps performed by the OP?

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted, we'll be happy to help you get this sorted, as soon as possible.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle_Decipher,

Have HP EnVY 4527 - signed up for Instant Ink from new as looked good idea  - and indeed has worked well until now.

Had a  Instant Ink Cartridge dispatched well  in advance Tricolor 63/302 Made in Malaysia E5Z01A .

No printer problems including no head smudges/lines etc at all.

Opened new cartridge and installed after low alert on 19/3/20. 

I am a low user so the 50 pages per month averages Ok with only very occasional extra needed.

The existing cartridge has my date 6/2/18 on it for installation for use - it is still working when re-installed so gives you good idea on the low but continuous use..

On installation of new cartridge , the reported problem occurred - tried several installations  but no joy.

Don't think you can do clean cartridge procedure with the defective/not accepted  cartridge in place.

Have done procedure with the working existing color cartridge - hence conclude issue with the new Instant Ink supplied one.

Looking at the top end of the two cartridges, that is purple front away from you and  17 contact points uppermost , there is a difference in the two top contact configuration pair..

On the working cartridge the higher right hand "hole" in the top contact pair appears as a gold ring. On the new cartridge this has no such ring and is simply opaque.

I don't want to go out and buy a replacement cartridge  but can't see any obvious way to have a replacement supplied.

Thanks for your assistance

John Blackler

HP Recommended

I’m having the same issue. Unresolved for two weeks! I don’t need any more trouble shooting advice! Old one works, new one doesn’t and instant ink keeps running me though bs. They won’t just send a new one. Help robot is unless. Phones are virtually shutdown. I wish they would just ship the *** ink. I’ll send back the bad one. I enrolled in instant ink to avoid this junk. All I want is what was promised. ‘An ink supply that keeps my printer working.’ 
Help Help Help

HP Recommended

Hi @Fatdragon42

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd like to help!

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.