Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2600 series
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi there,

My printer encountered an incompatible HP instant ink cartridge issue. I installed new ink two weeks before and the printer ran perfectly until tonight, this issue pop up. Now I couldn't print, and have no claim number which is usually printed out. So I can't buy new instant ink.

Please suggest.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@HUIPU, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Are you using Instant Ink cartridges in the printer?

Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

Update the printer firmware

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Also, perform steps 2 and 3 mentioned in this document.

As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@HUIPU I've looked up the details of the account and can't seem to access it,

I suggest you create a new account with your email ID and relevant details using the instructions mentioned in this link: click here

HP Instant Ink enrollment requirements

Read the following requirements to use the HP Instant Ink service.

• Eligible HP Instant Ink printerGo to HP Instant Ink, and then scroll down to the FAQ section for a list of eligible HP printers.

• Active Internet connection to the printer: The printer must be set up on a wired or wireless network and its Web Services feature turned on for HP Instant Ink to know when to send you ink. USB cable-connected printers cannot connect to the service.

• Email address (Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, etc.): Required as part of the enrollment. Do not use your printer’s ePrint email address.

• Valid credit or debit card: A list of accepted credit and debit cards displays during enrollment.

• Supported countries: Click the flag icon in the top right corner of the HP Instant Ink website see if the service is available in your country.

Keep me posted,

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.