Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Deskject 3070A

My HP Deskjet 3070A is not printing out in BLACK. I recently renewed the black and red cartridges. All seemed okay with ink levels ticked as okay but do have a lower level in yellow and blue. 

I did buy at half the price a set of 364 cartridges which turned out to be 364XL. I installed them and worked for a while. Then the black stopped and since replacing them with new black 364 & red 364 and continuing with yellow and blue 364 as before, 

black not working at all. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @AlanS3

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the "Black Not Printing" issue. 

To better assist you - 

1) Does the black and white copy works? 

2) What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or devices? 

While you respond to that, let's print a Print Quality Diagnostic page - 

1. Load plain white U.S. letter or A4 size paper in the tray.

2. From the control panel home screen, press the Setup button ().

3. Press the button () next to the Down Arrow () to select Tools, and then press the button () next to OK.

4. Press the button () next to the Down Arrow () to select Print Quality Report, and then press the button () next to OK. A print quality diagnostic report prints.

Post the Print Quality Diagnostic page here so we can help you further. 

You may also refer to this document with steps to fix "Black not printing" issue applicable for your printer - Black Ink Not Printing

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

BLACK INK NOT PRINTING ISSUE: Thank you very much for your reply Asmita. I have followed all your guidelines and also printed out Print Quality Diagnostic page. Not sure how to post this to you but all the colours are good except no black at all.

How should I have set up printing: I have put under advanced settings: OFF for print in Grayscale. Under contents, I have NOT ticked the "print text in black box" . Nothing is printing in black just colours. Tried a few different documents to print off and only colours showing and nothing for Black ? Your continued help is appreciated. Checked my warranty is out of date expired 2012. Updates to printer appear to be up to date. Thanks ! AlanS3

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying @AlanS3

As the black is missing in the print quality too, this is not a software issue. 

Please try step# 2 to 5 from under the solution# 6.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.