cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Adriano1984
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Deskjet 3700 trouble

HP Recommended
Deskjet 3700
I have a 3700 deskjet, I have configured it with my home wireless network, but these days I have taken it to my mother-in-law where there is no wifi network. I used it a few days via wifi direct with my android smartphone without any problem. Yesterday I quietly made a print but a few hours later I needed to print again but on my smartphone it gave me a printing error and no signal from the printer. The web services light with amber flashes on the printer display and the instant ink light on the display. I also tried a reset of the network settings but nothing ... and also the lights keep flashing. Who can help me?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
asmita6658
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,452 14,454 1,434 1,723
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Adriano1984

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the Instant Ink issue. 

Instant Ink requires a printer with an active Internet connection. The printer must be set up on a wired or wireless network and Web Services must be turned on. This connection is required so that HP Instant Ink can securely monitor your printer’s ink status. A daily connection between your printer and the Internet is not required, but HP recommends that you allow your printer to remain connected as often as possible. After your printer has been disconnected for a few days, you receive reminders to connect. If you fail to connect, eventually your HP Instant Ink cartridges stop printing.

Please connect your printer to an internet connection, this will resolve the problem.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
asmita6658
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Adriano1984

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the Instant Ink issue. 

Instant Ink requires a printer with an active Internet connection. The printer must be set up on a wired or wireless network and Web Services must be turned on. This connection is required so that HP Instant Ink can securely monitor your printer’s ink status. A daily connection between your printer and the Internet is not required, but HP recommends that you allow your printer to remain connected as often as possible. After your printer has been disconnected for a few days, you receive reminders to connect. If you fail to connect, eventually your HP Instant Ink cartridges stop printing.

Please connect your printer to an internet connection, this will resolve the problem.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Adriano1984
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Good evening and thank you very much for your quick reply. in fact the problem has arisen since i moved from home and i still don't have a wifi adsl network so i was using wifi direct to use the printer. But then after the last print I made I was no longer able to make it work. From mobile it gives me the error message: printer busy. I noticed the flashing orange web service light and the flashing eprint icon on the lcd screen. However I have already tried to reconnect it to the internet but the problem is not solved. I had little time so I didn't leave it connected for more than a quarter of an hour. Now it's connected I'll leave it like that and see if anything changes. Thank you so much for your availability. I am Italian and I am writing to you with Google translate so sorry if you find any grammatical errors. regards
0 Kudos
asmita6658
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Adriano1984

Keep me posted 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Adriano1984
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok matter fixed.Maybe printer needs more time connected.Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
asmita6658
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Adriano1984

That's great! Happy to hear that. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation