Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3760

I’m really frustrated! I bought my printer at the beginning of October, obviously it came with very little ink and I signed up to instant ink on 5th October. I printed literally 20 pages and my initial ink ran out. I waited until 14th October for more ink cartridges and when they arrived they were the same size as the previous ones, so another 25 pages or so and they’ve ran out. I need to print more documents, I have a 300 page allowance and no ink. Again. I spent over 40 minutes on the phone to HP yesterday, the first time being cut off after 8 minutes on hold, the second time the advisor hung up on me after 34 minutes on the phone (only 7 minutes of actually speaking to someone the rest on hold!) 

I believe a shipment was sent yesterday, however that could take 10 days to arrive and meanwhile I’m unable to print anything. I need to print documents for 21st October! I understand that HP need to gauge an average amount ignored ink you’ll require, but with a 300 page allowance surely they should send enough ink to cover that? 

I’ve been on instant ink for 11 days now and already 9 of those days I’ve not had ink to be able to print and it could be up to another 10 before I can print again. 

Also, before my last cartridge “ran out” I say this, because it never actually told me to change it at any point. It decided to print in odd colours and ruin sheets of my label paper which aren’t cheap to buy compared  to standard paper. 

I’m not at all happy so far, yet I cannot get through to anyone to seek help or ask if these cartridges can be sent any quicker. Any suggestions? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @LisaWalkden,

The instant ink cartridges are 2XL cartridges, they contain more ink than the regular cartridges.

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.