Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Envy 4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, I recently canceled my HP instant ink I never used them but they arrived at my house today and I as wondering if I have to send them back in the recycling bag provided or if I can just throw them out because all the postal places like Canada Post in my area are far away and they close really early so I can't make it there in time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@fardeen42 

Edits - Add link to HP Sustainability Website / services

Sustainability – Business Systems / Devices - Recycle

HP collects used products for resale and recycling in 73 countries and territories worldwide

Original Message Content

The Instant Ink cartridges do belong to HP.

The Instant Ink subscription service - including the return of the Instant Ink cartridges - is explained in the Instant Ink Terms of Service Contract.  

It is recommended that you send the cartridges back to HP for proper and safe disposal as opposed to throwing them out, of course.

If you don't have local postal service,

If you cannot make it work for your situation,

Do as you must.

The ink is not "trash"  >> Follow your local laws for proper disposal.

What else?

If you have a way to bring the package to a friend who has home delivery postal service, that would work, too.

You might even be able to drop the package in a mail box in town (if you have such in your region).

Carrier would likely pick up with regular mail, I think. 

That said, I don't know what the Canadian Postal Service is willing to carry.

Is HP coming after you for not returning the ink?

Unknown - it is very doubtful HP will chase you down for ink cartridges.

Reference

Instant Ink Support Website

HP Instant Ink Support - Information, Enroll, FAQ, Terms of Service / Contract

Not your home site?  Click the Flag to change to your region.

Click on FAQ

For example, Read Check to see if your HP printer works with Instant Ink

READ the all-important Terms of Service Contract > Scroll to the bottom of the Instant Ink website  – in the tiny print area, look for and click on the link for instantink.hpconnected.com/terms

Need Help?

Enrolled in Instant Ink?  >> Check for Support contact options in your Instant Ink Account.

The Terms of Service contract provides contact information, usually in the very first section.

Examples of the Terms of Service Contract

Instant Ink - Terms of Service - USA

Instant Ink – Terms of Service - UK

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@fardeen42 

Edits - Add link to HP Sustainability Website / services

Sustainability – Business Systems / Devices - Recycle

HP collects used products for resale and recycling in 73 countries and territories worldwide

Original Message Content

The Instant Ink cartridges do belong to HP.

The Instant Ink subscription service - including the return of the Instant Ink cartridges - is explained in the Instant Ink Terms of Service Contract.  

It is recommended that you send the cartridges back to HP for proper and safe disposal as opposed to throwing them out, of course.

If you don't have local postal service,

If you cannot make it work for your situation,

Do as you must.

The ink is not "trash"  >> Follow your local laws for proper disposal.

What else?

If you have a way to bring the package to a friend who has home delivery postal service, that would work, too.

You might even be able to drop the package in a mail box in town (if you have such in your region).

Carrier would likely pick up with regular mail, I think. 

That said, I don't know what the Canadian Postal Service is willing to carry.

Is HP coming after you for not returning the ink?

Unknown - it is very doubtful HP will chase you down for ink cartridges.

Reference

Instant Ink Support Website

HP Instant Ink Support - Information, Enroll, FAQ, Terms of Service / Contract

Not your home site?  Click the Flag to change to your region.

Click on FAQ

For example, Read Check to see if your HP printer works with Instant Ink

READ the all-important Terms of Service Contract > Scroll to the bottom of the Instant Ink website  – in the tiny print area, look for and click on the link for instantink.hpconnected.com/terms

Need Help?

Enrolled in Instant Ink?  >> Check for Support contact options in your Instant Ink Account.

The Terms of Service contract provides contact information, usually in the very first section.

Examples of the Terms of Service Contract

Instant Ink - Terms of Service - USA

Instant Ink – Terms of Service - UK

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Nope, they are not coming after me and I hope not lol. But thanks for your response as it helped me in my decision making.

HP Recommended

@fardeen42 

You are welcome.

Stay Safe.

Better 2021 for everyone...

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

no , to a recycle in a supermarket for ink

HP Recommended

It is better for you to return to the original bag for the reason that the company will not recognize the product, in the past it happened to me that I returned without the original kit and the company claimed that they could not do anything with it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.