Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP ENVY
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Do the HP instant ink plan starts after the delivery of welcome kit ?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Kota67, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have Instant Ink ready cartridges shipped with the printer, the subscription will start immediately after enrollment. If not, the subscription will start only after you replace the ink cartridges with HP Instant Ink cartridges that will be shipped to you.

You can log in to your Instant Ink and check the status.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I received 2 HP Instant Ink ready, 1 black and 1 tri colour ,with my purchase. I had 7 days to enroll for HP instant ink.

My idea was that plan will start after my welcome kit (as the name suggest). As my print load was more in the immediate 2-3 days and lesser after that which would suit the Free Instant Ink plan.

1. Now it is showing bill on the pages, i have printed which were around 80 pages, on the already purchased cartridge(free) with my printer. I am not understanding why should I pay on already purchased cartridge?. 

2.What should I  do so that the free Instant Ink plan starts after i get  my welcome kit, which it is showing that has been shipped and will arrive in 10 days.? 

3. How should I make my current bill null and void. ? Will it happen by cancelling  the subscription and opting for it when the welcome kit arrives.?

Kindly Guide.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Kota67

Thanks for replying!

The bill cannot be made void as the subscription began with the HP Instant Ink ready ink cartridges. That's why the name- ready cartridges.

Even upon cancellation, the charges will be valid, it cannot go null/void.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Why should I pay for Ink which I have got as part of purchase. Extra charge should be levied if I am using any of your free services and consumed all of free stuff and started using paid consumption or if I am using any of your paid services/products, which I am not. In this way even if I buy ink from any shop for extra pages(which is cheap compared to 1 pound for 10 pages) HP will keep charging me 1 pound ? This is ridiculous and doesn't make any sense where I am being charged for materials which were not even provided.

The name ready cartridges also says that it starts with welcome pack which I haven't got any. Secondly it says that I will be charged if I overuse any of free limit for free period which is not the case. I don't expect HP to charge me for Ink I have purchased from other shops and not provided by HP.

Waiting for your reply,

Thanks and regards.

HP Recommended

@Kota67 Perhaps, it's time we take this to a private message and check your account information, to get this sorted,

Here's what I'll need you to do:

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it as I've sent out a list of questions and I could provide a better solution once I have the answers: Click here to access the private messages section

We eagerly await your response,

Help us, help you.

And Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.