Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5032
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I don't use my printer very often but thought that buying genuine HP print cartridges would be a good quality and ensure it was ready to work when I needed it. This is not what I  have now been told by someone from PC World. You need to use the printer each week or the cartridge will dry out.  There is no way of stopping this.  I am so angry that HP have not solved this issue.  Has anyone found a solution to having ink there when you need it

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This is not an issue, this is normal. The liquid ink dries when in contact with air, that is supposed to be to ensure drying ink on the paper. All manufacturers of printers use air drying ink, that's normal.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I understand that it is quick drying ink however my annoyance is that HP should have developed their printers to make a seal on the cartridge to ensure air does not get to the ink and therefore keeps it wet for when their occasional users like myself have the facility to print when they need it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.