Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Envoy 4500 all-in-one series
iOS

I have an Envoy 4500 all in one series printer where the black Instant Ink cartridge is showing an error that says either clean or replace. I have followed all the steps suggested by the Virtual Assistant (printer reset, cleaning cartridge and contacting support etc.) but with no luck at all. I am printing from an IPAD so am having trouble updating my printer firmware, however I have done all the rest at least twice.

Instant Ink does not seem to be able to send a new cartridge because of the cartridge error. There seems to be an answer from what I have read from other posts. I am desperate for help as I am very low on ink and do not have any extra inks. 

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance, 😀

BIGMAMALADY

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @BigMamaLady

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Kindly perform step 3 from this document. If the issue persists, as the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I am having the exact same problem. I have tried cleaning the cartridges, restarting the printer, and already ordered and tried replacement cartridges. I consistently get the same error with the black cartridge, and have not been able to print for quite some time. I cannot seem to reach anyone on Support. I have a Mac. Please advise. Thanks!!

HP Recommended

@Jannark23

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

I suggest you try updating the Printer firmware. Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Since you have already tried using replacement cartridges, I suggest you contact HP Support if the issue persists.

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there, thanks for your reply. I checked and there are no updates for my printer, I have the latest version. I have tried to find the contact number for HP support many times now. I am only directed to chat with the virtual agent, which I have tried several times, or to ask the HP support community, as I have done here. I literally cannot find a single phone number. Please advise. I am in the US. Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Jannark23

I have sent you a private message with the contact number for HP Support

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.