09-25-2019 09:07 AM
For the last few weeks (coincidentally when I downgraded to the free HP instant ink plan) my Envy 4527 will no longer print from my windows 10 pc in colour. I have ran the trouble shooter, removed and reinstalled drivers, cleaned the registry and I still cannot get anything to print in colour. When I run any of the tools from the printer itself it does print in colour so I can rule out a hardware issue, but I can't find any issues with my printing preference in windows. Any ideas?
09-28-2019 07:52 AM - edited 09-28-2019 07:53 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
To better assist you -
1) What app or software are you printing from? Does this happen with all the app or software or just a specific one?
2) Have you tried a root level un-install? If you haven't, try these steps -
1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2. Look for HP Printer software.
3. Right-click to uninstall.
4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.
5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10. Select Ok.
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13. Restart the computer.
14. Download and install the software and drivers from here.
15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
If the issue still persists, try built-in driver - HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
09-30-2019 05:33 PM
Thanks for the response. This happens on all apps. I've tried MS Word, Foxit PDF and printing from Firefox and everything prints only in black and white.
I've tried both of the options you have outlined and this same issue remains.
10-01-2019 01:41 AM
I'd suggest try creating a new user account and install the printer driver to see if that works -
1. Tap the Windows icon.
2. Select Settings.
3. Tap Accounts.
4. Select Family & other users.
5. Tap "Add someone else to this PC."
6. Select "I don't have this person's sign-in information."
7. Select "Add a user without a Microsoft account."
8. Enter a username, type the account's password twice, enter a clue and select Next.
9. Tap the Windows icon.
10. Select the User icon at the upper left corner of the Start menu.
11. Select the new user. You'll then sign into your account with your password from step 8.
Let me know.
I am an HP Employee