Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Envy 5050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I've just bought an Envy 5050 which I'm running on a PC Windows 10, 64bit. I've had some problems setting it up - it dropped connection to WiFi overnight the first night but I succeeded in resolving that yesterday despite several episodes of the printer saying it was searching for nertworks for hours to no avail. Finally by  rebooting everything it is finally up and running and printing from everywhere it's supposed to including e printing. However on the Instant Ink site when I log in my printer has a green arrow next to showing that its online but there is an error message on top right

Cannot connect to printer now.
Try again later.

I tried all day yesterday and again this morning but it still won't connect.

How do i solve this problem please? I've paid for two years Instant Ink in advance!

Thanks

M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I've solved this via the virtual agent!

Simply switching off web services and then back on solved the problem and i'm now connected.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I've solved this via the virtual agent!

Simply switching off web services and then back on solved the problem and i'm now connected.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.