Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 6230

Hello,

My printer model is Envy Photo 6230. After I replaced my old no:303 black cartridge with a new original no:303xl cartridge, got the cartridge problem ''remove and reinstall the indicated cartridge, making sure it is correctly installed.'' I tried every solution I found online but nothing helped. I read that an update of HP for printers might cause this problem. If it is true, it is stupid that HP punishes us for buying a new expensive original HP cartridge. Anyway, what do you think I should do? What is the correct solution to this problem? 

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@BurakAytac

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting a cartridge error on the printer after replacing the cartridge.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-photo-6200-all-in-one-printer-series/9073045/document/c...

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Fossette, I followed the instructions in the link but it didn't help.

HP Recommended

The_Fossette, You still didn't help me. Can you PLEASE help me?

HP Recommended

@BurakAytac

This looks like a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

it cannot be a hardware issue. the printer is brand new. the cartridge is brand new.

HP Recommended

@BurakAytac

It could be an issue with the ink cartridge or the ink system.

Though it is new, I'd suggest you reach out to the support team to get a replacement if the defect is proved.

Thanks for understanding.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.