Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 6234

Hi,

I did a factory reset on my printer and now the HP Instant ink account shows as disabled on the printer, but if I go to the HP Connected services webpage, I can see the email address set on the printer and on the HP Instant ink webpage it shows the printer as online, but the little box that tries to connect to the printer times out and if I try to add the printer using the claim code I get an 'unknown error' and am told to try again later. The email address works, so I know the printer has internet access...

I also had to buy normal cartridges as it was impossible to connect the printer to the wireless with the Instant ink cartridges installed, as I couldn't clear the message saying I couldn't use them without being subscribed to HP Instant Ink.. Which seems a little annoying.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ArowanA

Thanks for replying!

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further course of action.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

@ArowanA I recommend you click here to turn off the web service when done successfully, go ahead and click here to turn on the web services, and check if it works,

Meanwhile, here are a few things you may want to know about your HP Instant Ink account page before we get into the details of resolving your concern: Click here for FAQs.

• Your HP Instant Ink account page contains the data on past deliveries and estimated shipments.  
  • It also helps you understand what state your cartridges are in based on HP's data,  
  • Any issues will be shown with its solution using a step by step approach, to make it easier for you!

Please check your account page to see the latest cartridge information by signing into your account at "instantink.com".    

If the suggested information can't be found, You may respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it as I've sent out a list of questions and I could provide a better solution once I have the answers: Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP community

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

We eagerly await your response,

Help us, help you.

And Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, I tried turning web services off and then back on, but the issue remains.

HP Recommended

@ArowanA

Follow the steps below-

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Assign manual IP to the printer

The steps on how to set a manual IP address can be found here.

For the DNS servers please use 8.8.8.8 for the Manual Preferred DNS Server and 8.8.4.4 for the Alternate DNS server. These are Google’s public DNS servers.

Try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your message, the printer is already on the latest available firmware and I have tried setting the IP manually using Google's DNS servers..

The printer prints, but this is because I had to buy new cartridges, ideally I would like to go back to using my instant ink cartridges, but as soon as I connect them I get told I can't use them as Instant Ink isn't turned on on the printer.

Also as I mentioned before the printer has internet access as the email address assigned, something@hpeprint.com works - I even changed it on the webpage and the printer showed the new updated email address, I just cannot enable instant ink on the printer.

The printer shows this on the webpage

Web Services Status Enabled Internet connection Connected Printer connection to HP Connected Connected

For advanced settings, visit the HP Connected Web site.

Web Services Settings

HP ePrint
On

HP Instant Ink
Disabled

HP Recommended

@ArowanA

Thanks for replying!

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further course of action.

Hope this helps!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your message, the problem is I'm in Spain and all the support agents speak Spanish (obviously) however my Spanish is not good enough to explain the issues, is there no other way to resolve this?

I would assume just removing the printer from my account and letting me add it again would solve it, however I can't remove the printer myself as it says I have an active Instant Ink subscription and if I cancel that, it won't be removed till the middle of next month which is a long time to wait, plus I'm paying for a month when I can't use the cartridges. 

Just FYI, i've also tried connecting the printer to the wireless on my phone, just in case for some reason my ISP was blocking connections to the your servers, but the same issue occurs, so I know it's not a problem with my internet.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give, I can't believe just doing a factory reset makes it impossible to re-enable Instant Ink. 

HP Recommended

I managed to speak to HP support via whatsapp and they sorted it.

Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

What was the solution for you in the end?  I'm having almost exactly the same issue.

HP Recommended

I had to phone HP, I think they posted a link above to the numbers, as I didn't speak the local language I had the option to speak to them via whatsapp and they sorted, from what I can tell from the emails I received, they just cancelled my Instant Ink subscription and then re-enabled it and everything started working again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.