12-31-2019 12:05 PM
My printer is saying there's a missing or failed printhead. This occurred after my instant ink account was recently suspended. I have troubleshooted the problem and tried the solutions suggested with little to no help.
01-02-2020 12:59 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. Instant Ink is not related to this issue. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Also, perform step 2 mentioned in this document.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee