8 4 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

False charges on account and False Advertisement HP INSTANT INK

Hp OFFICE JET 8710
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

Beginning of April 2019, I purchased this printer. It came with the trial ink cartridges.

Note - Account only gets charged after you have inserted your first instant ink shipment.

My welcome kit was shipped on April 3, 2019 (it was not inserted in the printer until I ran out of ink)

I also had 7 months of free printing.  These months only are activated once you have plugged in your welcome kit.

"Up until September 2019 " - My account was being charged as free, as in all my free months were being used up EVEN though my initial ink (boxed) that I received with the printer was installed.

Now my ink ran out (the one that came with the printer), and I had just plugged in the 1ST welcome kit in the last month.

I have been already charged twice, when I should have no charges on the account, my free months should have kicked in only when I installed my FIRST welcome kit.

I truly find this mischievous on HP's part.  I would appreciate if you can refund my charges and activate my free months ONLY when I plugged in my first welcome kit.

Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8,985 8,988 794 953
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @FreeInkDude

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
FreeInkDude
Level 1
8 4 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

So far no one has contacted me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation