Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Envy7134
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I received a new colour cartridge on Wednesday & installed it as I have a large photo print job to do.

All photos started coming out with a green cast which eventually turned to half inch green banding over the whole photo. Despite following all troubleshooting advice the problem remained & it was ascertained that the new cartridge was faulty (the previous one worked fine).

After contacting HP Support I was advised that they couldn’t send me a replacement due to ‘Brexit’!!!

This is totally unacceptable. I pay for instant ink & expect to be able to print without waiting for new cartridges when the one that is sent is faulty. I wasn’t even offered a refund on my monthly subscription until the new cartridge is finally sent (as I am unable to print the photos without the colour cartridge). I feel this is very bad customer service & am considering changing to another manufacturer if this is how HP treat their customers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SteveL5 & @RIVER345

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Same here, after installing and trying to correct the poor print  quality contacted them to arrange a replacement only to be told - no can do, its Brexits fault!!     What a load of bollocks!. Nothing stopping them posting out a replacement. Now unable to run off much needed colour brochures for showroom. Try to do the correct thing with using genuine cartridges and this happens, cant run a business with this sort of shoddy support. Will be cancelling instantink and then then buying some cheap refills. 

HP Recommended

@SteveL5 & @RIVER345

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same issue.  My colour cartridge is faulty and I need a replacement.  How do I go about this?

HP Recommended

Phone HP instant ink helpline. Their number is on the instant ink website under ‘contract us’.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.