Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5020 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

This morning, I replaced both my colour and black Cartridges with ones provided by instant ink. The colour one was fine but I couldn't get the black one to work (They are both 304 cartridges). I ended up going to the local shop and buying another black cartridge for £21, which was fine. Is there a batch of bad black 304 cartridges ?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @traveller_chris,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

Perform the steps mentioned below and see how it goes. 

Step 1: Reinstall the print driver (Windows only)

If you cannot print color from a Windows computer, uninstall and reinstall the printer software. Skip this step if your printer is able to print in color.

Remove the printer from the devices list.

For steps on removing the printer from the devices list, go to Uninstall HP printer software and drivers.

Go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then install the latest software for your printer.

Try to print. If these steps resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.

Step 2: Use genuine HP ink cartridges

HP recommends that you use genuine HP ink or toner supplies. HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP or refilled cartridges. If you do not use genuine HP cartridges, the steps in this document might not resolve the issue. To check the authenticity of your cartridges, go to the HP anti-counterfeit webpage (in English).

NOTE:

Rough handling at the store or during installation can cause print quality problems with newly installed ink cartridges. If you see print problems with newly installed ink cartridges, wait for a few hours for the automatic servicing routine to complete, and then try to print again.

Click here for the remaining steps. 

You may also refer to this document for further assistance. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

The problem was only with this one Cartridge that was supplied by Instant Ink. I bought another from the local shop which worked fine. After a bit of chat over WhatsApp, I'm being sent another black cartridge. So as far as I'm concerned, problem solved, sent cartridge was faulty.

HP Recommended

Hi @traveller_chris,

Glad to know that, you got assistance and also the cartridge shipment. Do keep us posted if anything is in the future. 

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.