Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 8035
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!
We're getting a HP Officejet 8035 printer for Christmas (family gift). I see it comes with a free trial of instant ink, but I've read bad things about it (send wrong ink, takes to long, shuts printer down if/when you cancel, etc). I'd like to be able to set this up as a regular printer since we don't do a massive amount of printing (most printing occurs during tax season). Will this be possible with the setup cartridges provided in the box? I'm not buying full ink until January. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

~Lisa
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You don't need to sign up for instant ink, your printer will work normally.

Instant ink monitors the number of monthly pages you printed and ink you consumed, and sends you ink when you are getting low, it has advantages and disadvantages.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hi,

When you install/setup  the printer, make sure that you skip and do not sign up for the Instant Ink Program, and the printer will continue to print with the included setup instant ink in the box. Then just purchase regular printer ink cartridges specific to the printer.

Merry Christmas

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.