Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raptormoonx
Level 1
11 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Getting an 8035 Officejet printer for Christmas. Do I have to sign up for instant ink?

HP Officejet 8035
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!
We're getting a HP Officejet 8035 printer for Christmas (family gift). I see it comes with a free trial of instant ink, but I've read bad things about it (send wrong ink, takes to long, shuts printer down if/when you cancel, etc). I'd like to be able to set this up as a regular printer since we don't do a massive amount of printing (most printing occurs during tax season). Will this be possible with the setup cartridges provided in the box? I'm not buying full ink until January. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

~Lisa
2 REPLIES 2
Level 11
Level 11
2,824 2,819 317 411
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Getting an 8035 Officejet printer for Christmas. Do I have to sign up for instant ink?

You don't need to sign up for instant ink, your printer will work normally.

Instant ink monitors the number of monthly pages you printed and ink you consumed, and sends you ink when you are getting low, it has advantages and disadvantages.

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
ModUser
Level 2
12 8 2 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

When you install/setup  the printer, make sure that you skip and do not sign up for the Instant Ink Program, and the printer will continue to print with the included setup instant ink in the box. Then just purchase regular printer ink cartridges specific to the printer.

Merry Christmas

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation