Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP
FreeDOS

I've had this laptop for almost a year now and it's great for my needs (8th gen i5, 8gb ram, GeForce MX110), my main problem with it is that it takes almost 3 minutes to go from completely shut down to a usable chrome tab, (I've seen older laptops with lower specs do it in a fraction of the time). I don't have any startup programs, I've made several scans with windows defender and Malwarebytes to see if it had any viruses and I've even made a full reset, I'm not sure if this is supposed to be normal or if there's something I'm missing that'll help me fix it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DmelloMarfi

I suggest you run a System Test to confirm the Hardware Functionality

- Shut down the Notebook completely
- Turn it back on, then tap the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu screen is displayed.
- Press F2 to select System Diagnostics.
- Click System Tests, then click Extensive Test.

If all the Tests pass, please perform a System Recovery using the Recovery Media

If you do not have the Recovery Media please contact HP Support to order one

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.