Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Lenova
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I cannot get my HP4527 printer to print in colour.  I have uninstalled the device and reinstalled but no help.When printing up test it comes out in colour - but not when I am trying to print up word or pdf files.  I have turned it off and on again and followed the instructions to uninstall using the Windows + R button but it says that the printer is still in use and cannot uninstall it - although there is nothing in the print queue - I have replaced the colour cartridge and only use the HP ones.  Can someone please help?  Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @namretaw

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printing issue. 

Please try adding the printer using TCP/ IP port - 

1.) Select “Start” and type “printers” in the search box.

2.) Choose “Printers & scanners“.

3.) Select “Add a printer or scanner“.

4.) Wait for the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option to appear, then select it.

5.) Select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” , then select “Next“.

6.) Select “TCP/IP Device” in the “Device type” list.

7.) Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer. Select “Next“. To find the IP address of the printer, touch the Wi-Fi icon on the printer's control panel. 

8.) Windows should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, Select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the “Device Type” drop-down list. You can also click “Custom” to specify custom settings for the network printer. Select “Next“. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @namretaw

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printing issue. 

Please try adding the printer using TCP/ IP port - 

1.) Select “Start” and type “printers” in the search box.

2.) Choose “Printers & scanners“.

3.) Select “Add a printer or scanner“.

4.) Wait for the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option to appear, then select it.

5.) Select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” , then select “Next“.

6.) Select “TCP/IP Device” in the “Device type” list.

7.) Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer. Select “Next“. To find the IP address of the printer, touch the Wi-Fi icon on the printer's control panel. 

8.) Windows should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, Select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the “Device Type” drop-down list. You can also click “Custom” to specify custom settings for the network printer. Select “Next“. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.