cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
mr4x
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Connected link provided at the end of Web Service Setup is not valid & Claim Code print problem

HP Recommended
Deskjet 2630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased a used Deskjet 2630 (P.S. It only has buttons and no touch display.) It comes with one pre-installed Instant Ink Cartridge.

Now I want to register my instant ink plan so claim code is required. As it is used, I need to remove and re-enable the Web Service.

At the end of the setup, it says "The Web Services account must be activated at HP Connected". After few seconds, a link is opened so that I can activate the account. However, the link cannot be reached. I have checked this and find this site is down. Do I really need to do that on HP Connected to setup the web service for my printer?

Additionally, I am now facing an embarrassing situation. After it is connected to the Internet, the printer cannot print because I have not been in the Instant Ink Plan. However, I must need to print the claim code out to finish the Instant Ink registration, which means that I should purchase an expensive genuine cartridge at first and then take the advantages of Instant Ink! That's ridiculous. Is there any solution for that?

3 REPLIES 3
Jay_G24
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,562 12,531 962 1,091
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @mr4x,

I'd like to help!

Are both the cartridges low?

Try single-cartridge mode- 

To try single-cartridge mode follow the below steps:

remove the black ink from the printer, leave the color in and try printing 
then remove the color ink and, insert the black  in and try printing 

Hope this helps! 

Let me know how this goes!

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

0 Kudos
mr4x
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help!

I have only got one cartridge left inside my printer (so it is already in "single-cartridge" mode) and that cartridge is for Instant Ink. The cartridge is fulfilled with ink. However, as I do not attend the Instant Ink Plan, I cannot use that cartridge to print out the Claim Code page.

Now I have purchased a new regular cartridge to use. The instant ink cartridge is now stored in my drawer. And I can finally print the claim code page. I do not think the solution will help the embarrassing situation I have faced.

I really do suggest HP updates the software to enable the printer able to print the claim code page (for instant ink registration) even if instant ink cartridge(s) is/are installed in a printer not enrolled in the Instant Ink Program so that the user does not have to purchase a brand new regular ink cartridge for that single page.

0 Kudos
Jay_G24
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,562 12,531 962 1,091
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you fro getting back to me.

The printer does not have if it did,we coukd gotten the code from the printer display, but i will definetly put across your feedback to the conerned team.

Have a great day and stay safe 🙂

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation