cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Fragilicious
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP DeskJet 2620 registered to another account.

HP Recommended
DeskJet 2620

Hi have dug my printer out of the cupboard to print off work sheets for my kids whilst they are off school. It's a DeskJet 2620 AIO that I have owned since purchasing as new. I have tried signing up for the instant ink service and when asked to print off a passcode sheet I get a page of german telling me "Congratulations" advising me that my printer's email address is below etc. I entered the code into instant ink and I was told that my printer belongs to another account.

I tried logging in with an alternative email on the off chance that I had registered an account with it but only one of my email addresses has an account with HP. How do I resolve this, preferably without paying HP for the 'privilege' of using a product I have already purchased.

Thanks,

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,899 18,877 1,559 1,556
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Fragilicious, Welcome to HP Support Community!

We shall try to re-enable the web services and see if that helps. Here is how you do it-

Turn on Web Services from the Embedded Web Server (EWS)

Print the network configuration page using the button combinations on the printer control panel. For some printers, press the Wireless  and Information  buttons simultaneously, or press the Wireless and Start Copy Black  buttons at the same time.

1. On the Network Configuration Page, locate the URL(s) for Embedded Web Server address.

NOTE: 

If the URL for the EWS is http://0.0.0.0, the printer is not connected to a network. Reconnect your printer to the network, and then continue troubleshooting.

Figure: Locating the URL(s) for Embedded Web Server address

Locating the URL(s) for Embedded Web Server address
  2. On your computer, open an Internet browser.

3. Type the URL address for the EWS in the browser address bar, and then press Enter.

NOTE: 

Make sure to type the IP address into the Internet browser's address box. If typed into a toolbar search box or search engine, the EWS does not open.

4. If a website security certificate displays in the Internet browser, click Continue.

The EWS webpage for the printer opens, which confirms that the printer is on the same network as the computer.

5. On the EWS webpage, click the Web Services tab.

6. On the Web Services Setup page, click Continue, Turn On, or Enable, and then follow the on-screen instructions

Figure: Example of clicking Continue

Example of clicking Continue.

Try adding the printer now.

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation