Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 6230

Hello all,

I Was going to print when the printer alerted me to change the Tri-Colour Cartridge, from the first Instant Ink postage, as the ink had run out. The Black cartridge had not run out. There was no error whilst printing.

I needed to print something again yet the printer was off, which it usually isn’t. I turned it on and this following error was on the screen.

“Cartridge Problem

Remove and reinstall the indicated cartridge, making sure it is correctly installed. 
If this message continues to appear, replace the indicated cartridge.”

So I reinstalled the original Black Cartridge and the error message had still occurred. I then thought the printer needed the new Ink Ink Black Cartridge so I put that in the printer. The error message still occurs. I then followed instructions online to plug out the printer and wire, wait 60 seconds and plug it back in. The message still occurs. 

I no longer don’t know what to do and I need held. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@PTUK, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.