Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4527
Unknown

HP Envy 4527 tells me "HP instant Ink Problem" and says, "Cannot print. Visit www.hpinstantink.com for information."  I cancelled my instant ink as I wasn't getting through my ink quick enough, and I have a load of unused ink. My ink levels are fine but it wont let me print. I've tried to select the free option however it says i'm already registered!

Is this the reason i cant print? if so i think its disgusting that HP stop you being able to use your paid for ink and printer!!!

Online help is not helpful either!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hey there! @LMCGILL

This message would normally appear if there is a billing issue with the Instant Ink service. 

If you look at the printers Ink cartridges do they say Instant Ink on them? If they do, you can swap them out for regular store bought cartridges. The printer should then work. 

“Cannot print. Visit www.hpinstantink.com for information” means there has been an issue with the payment on file being declined.  This is normally because the customer has received a new credit/debit card, or they need to update their expiration date. 
Go to Instantink.com and click the link to Sign In
On your account home page, click “Change Billing Information” then “Change Payment Method”  
Re-enter all the data (credit card number, expiration date and CVV) even if you are only updating the expiration.  
Click save. After you save your changes, it may take a few hours to re-process the payment card. 
When the card has been re-processed, you will be able to print again. 

If you still have issues, Please share us few instant ink details through a private message, so I can check the records and help you with the issue.

Instant ink Email Address

Instant Ink Account Number

Also, refer this article to know more about instant ink. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

there is no change billing information on my account only my personal details???

ive got a lot of ink to use as I’m not using it quick enough so don’t think it’s great that I can’t use what I’ve paid for!

HP Recommended

Hi! @LMCGILL,

Thanks for writing back to us.

Please share the account details through a private message, So I can check the account and help you with the issue.

Instant ink Email Address

Instant Ink Account Number

I'll watch your reply!

Take Care! 

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

EC52F8A2-B3F9-4077-A870-3AF631A3B2BF.png

This is all that shows up when I log in. When I tried to re sign up for an account it says I can’t  my printer is already connected. Not very useful at all!

HP Recommended

Hi! @LMCGILL,

Thanks for sharing the details.

Can you try logging into the account using a PC and check if the printer has been added.

Because when I check your account, I don't see the printer has been added to the account.

I'll watch your reply!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

whenever i log in and try add my printer again it says it’s already set up.

i just want to be able to use the ink I have paid for and it’s been over a month!

HP Recommended

Hi! @LMCGILL,

Thanks for writing back to us.

You could have registered with a different or incorrect email address, so you have issues adding the printer.

Can you please share us the printer serial number though a private message, so I can check the account details and help you with the issue.

Take Care

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Serial number has been sent.

thanks

HP Recommended

Hi! @LMCGILL,

Thanks for writing back to us and thanks for sharing the account details.

I have checked the account details and there are few reasons you are unable to print.

I will share the details through a private message. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Take Care!  

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.