01-16-2020 07:41 AM
I came home today and my mother said she just couldn't print to her HP Envy 5660 any longer. She has an (admittedly cursed) Windows 10 laptop, but we tried removing the printer and adding it again. We tried uninstalling the HP software, rebooting, and installing it again. Nothing worked. Either Windows just kept saying a driver wasn't available or just a generic error whenever anything tries to print.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
01-18-2020 09:38 AM
Welcome to HP support community.
Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Download and install printer full feature driver
Click here to download the driver.
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several other.
I am an HP Employee