12-03-2019 03:58 AM
I have a HP Instant ink printer (HP Envy photo 6234). It was all OK but suddenly in the last few days its throwing a message 'Cartridge problem - remove and reinstall the indicated cartridge..' as soon as the printer is turned on. it shows the Black cartridge which I have removed and reinstalled multiple times and also cleaned it as instructed still no luck. I am on the instant ink subscription plan and havent had a replacement black ink for more than a year now. Not sure if there is a problem with the cartridge as I dont have a spare one to try. could some one please help?
12-05-2019 09:41 AM
@arunsethu, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
This seems like an issue with the black ink cartridge. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Perform step 3 mentioned in this document.
As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.
Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.
I am sending you a private message with the information required.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee