Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MatthewAiden
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP G62 upgrade from i3 to i7

I currently have a G62 a05SG laptop with an i3 330M. I found an i7 620M for cheap that I could buy tomorrow.

Here's the problem. The seller said he's parting with the CPU because it is not compatible with his laptop. From what I've gathered, he used to have a p6100 CPU on a Intel hm55 motherboard. He says the CPU works somewhat but he cannot watch high quality youtube videos without getting a windows error. He thinks that he might need a dedicated / discrete video card for it to work.

I am relying solely on the i3's graphics capabilities since my discrete graphics card (if it ever had one) does not work. Therefore it is very important to me that the new CPU has integrated graphics.

Taking all into account, do you think that the new CPU might be faulty? Thank you very much, and please help me decide whether I should go through with the purchase. My options are pretty limited considering the market over here.

Tags (1)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation