cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
DaveFromPeoria
Level 1
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Instalnt Ink - Original Cartridges

HP Recommended
OfficeJet 9015
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased an OJ 9015. I decided to try out Instant Ink.  I signed up and about a week later, I received my first set of cartridges. I still have ink in the original cartridges that came with the printer. Should I set them aside for a time that I might not be under the Instant Ink program, or did they "transform" into Instant Ink cartridges that can only be used as part of my subscription?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kumar0307
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,419 20,421 1,491 1,739
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DaveFromPeoria

Yes you can do that. You may use the regular ink cartridges when you require. However, make sure to store them in an air-tight container so that the ink does not dry.

I hope this answers your query.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Kumar0307
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DaveFromPeoria, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

You may use the ink cartridges that came with the printer until they are empty and then use the Instant Ink cartridges. The Instant Ink service will only start from the time you install the Instant Ink cartridges in the printer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
DaveFromPeoria
Author
Level 1
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Guess I wasn't clear.  Was wondering if I could take out the original cartridges and set them aside. Then should the day come that I exit or suspend the program (I take long summer vacations), I could then use the original cartridges while I am not enrolled in the program.

0 Kudos
Kumar0307
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DaveFromPeoria

Yes you can do that. You may use the regular ink cartridges when you require. However, make sure to store them in an air-tight container so that the ink does not dry.

I hope this answers your query.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation