19 11 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Instant Ink Cartridge Error

HP ENVY 5546
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a black Instant Ink cartridge that is continuously showing a Cartridge Error on the printer. I have followed all the steps suggested in previous posts and by the Virtual Assistant (printer reset, firmware update, cleaning cartridge and contacts, etc.) but with no luck at all.

Instant Ink does not seem to be able to send a new cartridge precisely because of the cartridge error. HP Support pages seem to unavailable and also chat so where do i go for help?

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
bigal58
Level 2
19 11 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Instant Ink Cartridge Error

I have now found the UK support number for Instant Ink but before I could call them the problem has rectified itself. I am not pleased by this as the fault and how it was rectified is unknown and of course could happen again. 

Before Instant Ink I always had spare cartridges in stock so that in the event of any problems I could always install a new one.  That way I was never left in a situation where I could not print. 

I am starting to think that I would be better served by reverting to the old way of buying cartridges so at least I have control of the situation in the event of an issue. 

I would welcome any comments or suggestions on this from the forum. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation