Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

A complaint raised with ASA - will give feedback if this thread is not closed by admin

HP Recommended

That's several complaints raised by HP customers with ASA now. Hopefully more people complaining will raise the profile and see action.

I see that people are going down other routes too.

I'm not clear whether people in all countries have been notified about the new charges. I understood it was a worldwide price increase. However, it seems that people in some locations have not received any notification emails. And of course, HP's website (and app) continues to promote the old price plan structure.

HP Recommended

I am in the US and have an Instant Ink account for my Deskjet 2620 and a Laserjet m234dw.  Today I found the price increase for the Laserjet in my Spam folder.  My 100 page per month plan is going from $3.99/month to $5.99/month, which will presumably match the price I am expecting on the Deskjet, currently at $4.99 but reportedly going to $5.99.  I have not found any notice for the Deskjet despite a thorough search.  [Side note - in Outlook the "search all Outlook items" does *not* search the spam folders, these must be searched manually.]

I am certainly going to have to cancel the Laserjet plan, as it is only black and white printing and only allows 200 pages rollover, compared to full color and 300 pages for the Deskjet.  I will likely cancel the Deskjet plan as well, as it turns out I am not using it enough and could certainly stand less stress in my life.  

EDIT - after several phone calls with the Ink Support folks I was told, and later sent an email, that the price increase does not apply for toner plans.  Only ink products are included in the price increase.  The email I was sent was incorrect, and something similar may have happened to other toner plan users.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I'm sure that HP will have factored in that changes will lead to some people cancelling their subscription. I'm not so sure however that the company has recognised the strength of feeling, whereby some customers are so incensed that they are happy to be worse off by switching to another company's products/ink services.

The massive price increase - and perhaps moreso, the dubious communications  - seem to have lost HP a lot of customers. That might be a small proportion of HP's customer base. However, it's apparent that in many cases, it's not just individual customers but people running or buying for businesses who will simply exclude HP from future purchase decisions/tenders.

HP Recommended

Phew! Having been away for a couple of days, I though perhaps that HP Admin had closed down this thread ASWELL.

To keep our strength of feeling going, please let us know what other avenues you may have used.

I’ve gone down the route of UK Trading Standards, Martin Lewis, BBC RipOff Britain, HP CEO email etc.

How are the rest of us doing? 

HP Recommended

It has gone very quiet on here now and I probably know why.

Most people myself included who complained to HP have been given either free months of Instant ink or in my case free £25.

My instant ink plan comes to an end tomorrow and my OfficeJet 9025 has been given away free to make room for my new Epson printer. 

I will never buy anything from HP again, I have always said, we know everything increases in price but, NOT 50%!

Actually, I do know something that has increased in the UK more than 50%, gas and electricity 😉 

HP Recommended

Yep, I had a missed call from HP's 'Resolution Team'. I wonder what that's about!

Thank you for raising the thread(s). It's certainly provoked a lot of attention, and media interest.

HP Recommended

Oh! I see!  HP found that they couldn’t silence us by legitimate reasoning.  They found they couldn’t silence us by prematurely terminating our voices on the forum.  So they have resorted to bribery! offering an inducement!!  It’s a wonder that they haven’t made you all sign an NDA.  Well they can stick their £25 or free months in a warm dark place … if they can reach it!!   I have 9 months (8 months now) free trial at 700 ppm which I’m going to take full advantage of then return to Epson, like you.  Although my last Epson ‘myseriously’ stopped working after I installed compatible carts and is now razor blades, cling film and toilet rolls.   So in the end, the big bully boys win.  It’s the way of the world.  

@HPAdmin …. Do not close this thread as Solved because it isn’t.   You are continuing to advertise the old rates (when last I looked) while people are buying your printers and only telling them of the unconscionable and inordinate price rise AFTER they have signed up for InstantInk.

I will continue to campaign and raise public awareness of this reprehensible attitude to a once loyal community.   The bad old days of 20 years ago can return to HP when you very nearly disappeared from the face of the earth. 

HP Recommended

They sent me codes, I did not ask for them.

I think they gave me £25 because I do not have a current plan.

Again, treat everyone different. 

HP Recommended

I find the 'bot' replies they posted just rubbing things in, as they're still linking to their Instant Ink page with the old prices, no updates yet, and no notices on there that price changes are in the next 10 days.

That's even more appalling than the actual price increase.

Well, I've cancelled the subscription now, and have my replacement cartridges ready to put in. I don't care about any temporary offers, they're no good for the future cost of running.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.