Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

HP Instant Ink - running out of ink

HP Recommended
Envy5055
macOS 10.14 Mojave

How long does it take to receive ink cartridges? 

First month in the program and I haven't received my welcome kit yet.

I'm running out of ink (black already finished).

I have already talked to support through chat 15 days ago.

It seems another shipment was ordered, but tracking number just says: "May 13 - The sender has created a shipping label". It doesn't mean the product was shipped.

I got really a bad impression about this service. What makes me feel worse is that I've decided buying HP (and not Canon or Epson) only because of HP Instant Ink. What a shame.  

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Our old Canon had stopped working end of last year which is why we switched to HP. We've been very happy with it and the Instant Ink program. The welcome package arrived immediately.

If the Virtual Assistant is available to you (in your country) then....
1) Turn on your printer and connect it to the internet

2) Login to your Instant Ink account
3) Open the Virtual Assistant
4) Type in "Where is my ink?"
5) Find and click on a link that says "Send/deliver ink now" or similar
Then it takes 7-10 days.

Alternatively, click on "Help Center" on the lower left side, then click on "HP Support" at the bottom of the content area, and finally submit a new ticket.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,775 10,769 687 826
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Claulam

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Apologies for the inconvenience. I'd be happy to assist you.

As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue. I contacted HP and they told me that since I’m in Canada, the ink shipment is being held in customs. I thought that was very weird since my brother also has an instant ink subscription (same ink, too) and his ink was shipped on the 19th and he got it yesterday. Mine was shipped on the 13th and has been stuck in “Electronic information submitted by shipper” since May 14th. Kinda annoying since I have a big print job, and I ran out of ink. I guess I’ll wait a couple more days and see what happens then I’ll contact HP again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,775 10,769 687 826
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jrlbenedict

Have you checked your HP Instant Ink account page? Your Instant Ink account page will have notifications if there are any issues with the account or recent cartridge shipment, it will even provide solutions on how to fix the issue. You may log in to your HP Instant Ink account page from here.

You may track the order.

The delay is due to the Covid-19 situation in a few of the affected areas.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kumar0307

I already did that. There are no indications that there are issues with my shipment. And I understand that shipments are delayed because of the pandemic. What I don’t get is why my brother got his instant ink shipment even when his was shipped almost a week after mine. My ink was shipped on May 13th and the tracking info hasn’t changed since then. His was shipped on May 19th and he got it on May 26th. We use the exact same ink, so how come he got his first before I did? I don’t mind waiting at this point. I decided to just purchase regular ink cartridges that I got delivered on the same day because I have a huge print job. I’m just concerned by the lack of proper information from HP. Oh well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,775 10,769 687 826
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jrlbenedict, I understand your concern. To assist you better, please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation