ShannonS23
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Office Jet 3830 - Can't connect to Web Services

Office jet 3830
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Please can someone help me set up my printer so that I can access the web services in order to use HP instant ink. I have tried the trouble shooting pages and tried everything but I always get a message which states 'server problem'. Ive tried accessing and enabling web services through the IP web address page and this still says error. 

My printer is all set up and is connected to Wifi so I do not know what the problem is. 

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,292 1,976
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Office Jet 3830 - Can't connect to Web Services

Hey there! @ShannonS23,

Is your printer connected to the internet all the time?

Have you registered for instant ink services?

Try updating the printer firmware to the latest version and check if it helps.

Update the printer firmware using this link. Click Here

“Your Instant Ink account page has data on past deliveries and estimated shipments.  It also helps you understand what state your cartridges are in based on HP’s data.  Any issues will be shown with steps to fix.  Please check your account page to see the latest cartridge information by signing into your account at “instantink.com

HP Instant Ink monitors your ink cartridge levels so replacement ink cartridges can be sent to you when you need them. When your printer is not connected to the Internet for an extended period of time, monitoring is interrupted, and one of the following error messages might display on your computer or printer:

• Connect Printer to Update HP Instant Ink Status

• If the printer is not connected to HP Connected you will be unable to print soon

• Cannot print - Press OK to connect printer to update status

• Press OK to connect printer so replacement cartridge can be ordered

• Press OK to connect printer to update status

Refer this article to further troubleshoot Connect Printer to Update Status error message. Click Here

• Restart the printer: Restarting the printer can clear possible error conditions.

• Restart the router: Restarting your router can clear any connection issues. Consult your router manufacturer, Internet service provider, or network administrator for instructions on how to restart the router.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot web services issue with the printer. Click Here

Also, if you still have issues. Please share out few details in a private message, so I can check your account details and help you with the issue.

Printer Model Name

Instant ink Email Address

Instant Ink Account Number

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation