2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Office Jet Pro 6978 Will not print without major streaking

HP Office Jet Pro 6978
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had this printer for just shy of 2 years old. It has been working fine up until the past few months. I have to run the Clean print heads almost every time I get ready to print due to streaking. In the past it has fixed the issue. But now it will not clean up the print quality at all. I have replaced ALL the ink cartridges with new Instant Ink cartridges even though only the yellow was needing to be replaced. Still no good quality print, Still streaking. I cant even try alignment of the print heads because the alignment page wont print correctly. Total pages printed are only 5695 so I wouldn't expect  this printer to fail so quickly. Print head status says its good.

Any one have any tip to fix this issue other than go an buy a new printer as I have to have a print to conduct the work that i do.

Thanks for any advise to try

3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,292 1,977
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi! @SPRie

Does the issue persist when you make a copy from the printer?

Have you tried checking with regular ink cartridges? Does the issue persist?

Try the steps recommended below.

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic Page, and then evaluate the results.

1. Load plain white paper in the input tray.

2. From the printer control panel, open the Setup  menu.

3. Open the Reports or Tools menu.

4. Touch Print Quality Report.

A Print Quality Diagnostic Page prints.

Example of the Print Quality Diagnostic Page

Refer this article to know more information about print quality issues with the printer. Click Here

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. Please share us few details through a private message, So I check the records and ship you the replacement ink cartridges.

Instant ink account number-

Instant ink email address-

Shipping address-

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
SPRie
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

A4Apollo

So I have done every single thing you mentioned multiple times I have done the 3 level Cleaning multiple times. I tried doing an Alignment but due to the printer unable to print correctly the Alignment page is all messed up and the scanner cant read it and errors.

So here is the bottom line I threw the printer in the Trash! Sorry to say but it is absolutely useless to me if it wont print correctly. I have to have printer that works. So I fixed the problem by buying a new printer. Hopefully this one will last longer than 18 months which is about how old the printer was i just trashed.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,292 1,977
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi! @SPRie,

Thanks for the quick update.

It certainly sounds like a hardware issue with the printer. And there is nothing much we can do in this case.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Contact HP support using this link. Click Here

Take Care!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation