cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Poppie7426
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Office Jet Pro 6978 print fails - cleaning printhead burns up all my Instant Ink page allowance

HP Recommended

HP Office Jet 6978 lightly used in home office setting. Purchased October 2018, less than 17 months ago. It now requires printer head cleaning every 25 pages or so. Cleaning burns up my monthly Instant Ink page allowance.  This is the third Office Jet printer I've

3 REPLIES 3
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,899 18,877 1,559 1,556
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Poppie7426, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.

This looks like a hardware issue and might need replacement of the unit.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
sandm7
4 3 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That link doesn't work.  I have has the same problem less than 12 months after purchasing this unit and again less than 3 months after being "reset".  This is my 3rd HP.  The first was great and lasted DECADES.  The last one (Photosmart) had to be replaced 3 times with "refurbished" models.  I have had this issue since almost day 1 with this multifunction.  Maybe shame on me for going for a 3rd try with HP.  Was hoping that this one would work, but it has been nothing but trouble, using up cartridges, being reset by HP, cleaning printhead, resetting alignment and NONE of the cartridges print out correctly.  Was given a warranty extension by the Indian helpdesk which was supposed to go until 2022.  Evidently that didn't get any further than our phone call because a serial # check online indicated my warranty expired.  I am disputing that.  Can HP help because the "support desk" appears to be "unavailable"?  

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,995
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sandm7 I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation