Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Office jet Pro 8035 5LJ23A#B1H
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Last HP instaink printer died after 2-3 years years of great service, developed a non-reparable Hardware issues (hard broke)! I  bought a new HP Office Jet Pro 8035 through the program.  Received printer 4 days ago, out of the box install went very well (too good to be true). Experienced multiple error messages trying to print. Uninstalled 3 times, added new drivers multiple times, spect a few days working through HP diagnostics and online fixes.  Called HP Tech Support March 28 for 3+ hours walked through the same steps with {edit].  In the end, he could not get it working either and actually told me to contact Microsoft!  Uh, not!  this is not a Microsoft issue as my PC was fine prior to this.  Wasted time now totally frustrated.  Called InstaInk phone number for Tech support got Samantha.  She was professional and diagnosed the problem (or so we tought), we downloaded, uploaded and patched new driver info (again).  She indicated that my  Google CHROME was interfearing with printer signals.  I left the PC only to come back later to see it shut down. had to "hard boot" to get it to turn on, tried to print from PDF, Email, Saved word doc etc. keeps erroring out.  The printer says "Printing" or Canceling" continually!  The ONLY way to get this to print the job is to unplug or shut down the printer then turn it on and after printing a half page or prints a few lines (ruining my labels) or spits out blank pages or it'll print pg 7 three times of a 7 page PDF, only then will print whats in que.  After it finally prints what it wants to and I order another job it immediately errors out again.  Sad to say that I have wasted 4-5 days and 30 hours of my time and 50 or so "counted" pages.  I have been a HP customer for 23+ years, encouintered some issues along the way but NEVER have I encountered this much trouble.  I am done, today is Sunday but come Monday Morning I will request a refund and purchase a working printer that "talks" to my HP PC.  I will have all HP printer drivers & software  removed from my PC and inquire about how to send this junk back.  I surpassed frustrated long ago.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @KLM450

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.