Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 5255

I keep getting an error saying Catridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP Instant Ink since my printer is never able to connect to HP instank ink. I did call customer care and did all troubleshooting via them. Catridge was also replaced by them but the printer gives the same trouble again and again.

Recently updated the firmware - not sure if that is causing the problem but not sure whats wrong. My HP instank ink account keeps showing "Cannot connect to printer now.Try again later" (status shows online though).

Any suggestions on how this can be fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Finally this workaround worked - HP team please document these steps also into your knowledge base for troubleshooting.

1. Please open the Instant Ink account page and login. 
2. Click My Account on the left side of the dashboard and click Account Settings
3. Please click Cancel my Instant Ink subscription and just select Other. 
   - the reason why we want you to cancel the account is to refresh the connection. Don't worry, it won't be cancelled immediately since we will reinstate that on the next step. 
4. Please go back to Home button on the left dashboard and look for Keep Enrollment button on the right side of the page. 
5. After that, kindly check if the connection is already connected. Refresh the page for 2 times with 2 minutes interval. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Just to add - went to the printer local page and also sync'ed up the date/time (which was right though) . Not sure if any network settings need to be updated to make this printer connectivity work with HP instant ink but this is really weird and frustrating.

HP Recommended

Hi @Ragz4,

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Sent details in pvt as requested.

HP Recommended

Is this network setting correct?

Domain Name   Configured By Manual IP Address x.x.x.x Subnet Mask x.x.x.x Default Gateway x.x.x.x DNSv4   Configured By Manual Preferred DNS Address 8.8.8.8 Alternate DNS Address 8.8.4.4

HP Recommended

No luck. Still the same issue. 

I didnt find this page 

--->go to wireless ---> wireless 802.11---> select manual ip ---> apply
Rather can see this option under 

--->go to wireless ---> wireless 802.11--->Network Address (IPv4)--> DNS Address Configuration--> select manual ip ---> apply

Surprisingly this error is only happening with Black catridge - not sure why. But when I install an instant ink black catridge (purchased directly in store) this error disappears away.

Black HP Instant Ink: This cartridge can only be used in a printer that is currently enrolled in HP Instant Ink.

Tri-color Cartridge: Thank you for installing HP Instant Ink Ready cartridges.

My network settings looks like this as of now

Domain Name home Configured By DHCP IP Address x.x.x.x Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway x.x.x.x DNSv4   Configured By Manual Preferred DNS Address 8.8.8.8 Alternate DNS Address 8.8.4.4

HP Recommended

Jay_G24- do you have any further updates for me ? Please let me know

HP Recommended

Finally this workaround worked - HP team please document these steps also into your knowledge base for troubleshooting.

1. Please open the Instant Ink account page and login. 
2. Click My Account on the left side of the dashboard and click Account Settings
3. Please click Cancel my Instant Ink subscription and just select Other. 
   - the reason why we want you to cancel the account is to refresh the connection. Don't worry, it won't be cancelled immediately since we will reinstate that on the next step. 
4. Please go back to Home button on the left dashboard and look for Keep Enrollment button on the right side of the page. 
5. After that, kindly check if the connection is already connected. Refresh the page for 2 times with 2 minutes interval. 
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.